Alvey Saltwater 425B

blackie66

If you already own it you can use it for Luderick but not ideal . If you are going to buy a Luderick reel try the Alvey float or Luderick special if you can get one. 
I generally run 10-12lb mono main line and lighter leader of fluorocarbon . 

• Like 1

Thanks I actually want to get my hands on a Alvey Blackfish 47VN2 but they no longer make them I have a Luderick 475B and want to get one more Alvey probably the Float 47. Any suggestions where I can get a second hand 47VN2 also looking for an estuary luderick rod around the 9 ft

I won’t buy used unless I know the person selling it because I don’t want to support some junkie who has flogged some poor fishos gear to get a hit and I won’t buy from pawn shops for the same reason either .

I bought the Alvey float and the R55 (10’6”) rod when I heard Alvey were shutting up shop . If you really want 9ft you may have to look at something from Gary Howard .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blackie66 said:

Thanks I actually want to get my hands on a Alvey Blackfish 47VN2 but they no longer make them I have a Luderick 475B and want to get one more Alvey probably the Float 47. Any suggestions where I can get a second hand 47VN2 also looking for an estuary luderick rod around the 9 ft

Facebook. A couple of nights ago there was a Alvey estuary rod for sale 

9 hours ago, XD351 said:

I won’t buy used unless I know the person selling it because I don’t want to support some junkie who has flogged some poor fishos gear to get a hit and I won’t buy from pawn shops for the same reason either .

I bought the Alvey float and the R55 (10’6”) rod when I heard Alvey were shutting up shop . If you really want 9ft you may have to look at something from Gary Howard .

thanks for the advice you are right, looking at a rod from a guy near Newcastle who builds blackfish rods. I've just ordered the Alvey Float47