DECKEE - new feature HEATMAPS

mrsswordfisherman

Today we've launched Deckee Heatmaps – a whole new way to navigate and explore on the water! đŸ”„đŸ”„đŸ”„

Waterway charts can be confusing to read or often out of date compared to the real situation. All boaters know that local knowledge is king. Heatmaps is the first step in our vision to help the community share that knowledge with one another. 

Heatmaps can help you see what pathways other boaters follow, feel confident to discover new places, find those quiet spots to relax, and many other insights to plan a fun day on the water!

When trips are logged in an area over time, the 'heat' will start to increase. You can contribute to the community Heatmaps and help others by logging your trips with the Deckee app. 

If you don't want to contribute, no problem! When you finish your trip, set it to private and it won't be visible in Heatmap updates.

We're excited to get your feedback and suggestions on how we can improve Heatmaps. Tell me what you think!

Download the free app: deckee.com/download 

A592946F-E66D-47F3-92DE-C1896BAD250D.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Donna. I notice Deckee is listed as being a distributor at this years Boat show ?.

I was wondering if I was to ID myself to the attendant as being a Fishraider member IF they could show me how to download all Deckee apps to my oldish I phone,( think it's a I phone 7 ) I am a complete moron when it comes to using the phone for anything other than phone calls and text messages, can't even transfer photos to my computer with it.

Frank

• Like 1

9 hours ago, frankS said:

Donna. I notice Deckee is listed as being a distributor at this years Boat show ?.

I was wondering if I was to ID myself to the attendant as being a Fishraider member IF they could show me how to download all Deckee apps to my oldish I phone,( think it's a I phone 7 ) I am a complete moron when it comes to using the phone for anything other than phone calls and text messages, can't even transfer photos to my computer with it.

Frank

Frank, you should have told me when you were over my place ... we could have done this in a heart beat. 

Anyway, to download on the iPhone you will need: your Appleid (looks like an email) and your Apple password to be able to log into the Apple App store.  Just make sure you dig up those details and have them with you. 

PS. There's a fairly good chance I'll be at the boat show on Friday ... if it firms up I'll text you. 

Cheers Zoran

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 7:44 AM, frankS said:

Frank

@frankS you can open the Deckee maps directly from here 

See this post I just made 

• 5 months later...

Hi, I've been using the deckee app a little and cannot find a way to load the heat maps. There doesn't seem to be a particular layer to switch on/off in the Map Settings (but I pretty much have everything turned on). Gippsland Lakes, Victoria area. Any advice is greatly appreciated as I'm seeing some great benefits to this app. 

48 minutes ago, Hammy said:

Hi, I've been using the deckee app a little and cannot find a way to load the heat maps. There doesn't seem to be a particular layer to switch on/off in the Map Settings (but I pretty much have everything turned on). Gippsland Lakes, Victoria area. Any advice is greatly appreciated as I'm seeing some great benefits to this app. 

Hi Hammy yes it is a great app. Have you logged an issue with support? 

On 6/30/2022 at 8:01 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

When trips are logged in an area over time, the 'heat' will start to increase. You can contribute to the community Heatmaps and help others by logging your trips with the Deckee app. 

I will get some info for you and share it here

Cheers mrsswordie