Kayak Fishing for Bream and Kings - Sydney Based

Niall

Hey Everyone,

Putting the word out to anyone fishing Sydney from their Kayaks for bream (mainly) and kings (occasionally).  You'd wanna be on a Hobie or something pedal based or you'll likely struggle to keep up.  

I love fishing heavy structure for bream using all kinds of lures - not very experienced on the kayak yet but I'm getting fish so I must be doing something right.

I'm based in the inner west so Sydney Harbour, Cooks, Geroges and the Parra are my main hunting grounds.  I'd love to fish further afield and explore Middle Harbour, Pittwater and the Hacking some more.

I do shift work so most of my spare time is early to mid-week.  Weekend trips are a rare occurrence these days.

Hit me up if anyone wants to join and I'll send through my mobile number.  I love fishing solo but it's so much easier to get yaks in and out of the water with two people.

Cheers,

Niall

Both those species are possible from a 'yak, time, persistence and more time will see you sus out Bream, Kingfish might be a bit harder, but certainly possible, not too sure about out west though.....

18 minutes ago, noelm said:

Both those species are possible from a 'yak, time, persistence and more time will see you sus out Bream, Kingfish might be a bit harder, but certainly possible, not too sure about out west though.....

Not having any issues finding and catching fish.  Just looking for people with kayaks that wanna join in 😂

Plenty of kings in the inner west mate - not so much this time of year.

• Like 1

Hey mate I go out most weekends on my Hobie filming, Im also in western sydney. Although I havent been fishing the harbour or parra due to the winds. (The boat traffic after say 9am on a weekend isnt much fun either) Upper hawkesbury tends to be a lot more protected from the gusts due to the valleys and high peaks around the rivers. 

If Im gonna fish local in the coming weeks ill drop you a msg. 

Edited by GoldenHourFishing
  • Thanks 1