Pictures from "up the street"

big Neil

Found a few current locations photos

Inside the Mangroves along Calabash Creek (water feeds down from unpopulated bushland and looks a little cleaner, but is mostly very shallow).

InTheMangroves.JPG.4d0fce1db56cd588566a0008ca60a18c.JPG

The rest are different locations along Berowra Creek

Gained yet another tick bite scrambling through thick scrub to find this Rock Orchid.

Orchid.thumb.jpg.9ca146910d146bb97331e472ec25749f.jpg

Looking down on Berowra Waters from a local knowledge lookout. A strong suspicion of what the high cost of pump-out causes to happen to sewerage is the reason I avoid fishing anywhere along the creek.

BerowraCreek.thumb.jpg.3d886859dd3909e7c87109a86cf0c077.jpg

Float plane dropping someone at Berowra Waters Inn. We went in an aluminium boat. The food is bloody expensive. We had 6 course with wine pairing ($370 each). Food is a small quantity looking very lonely in the middle of a plate. The wine pairing comes in very generous amounts. I walked out three sheets to the wind, starving and p'd off with the idiot who thought it was OK to chat business on his phone most of the evening.

floatplane.thumb.jpg.1f02bcd5492f58c86c4e9cd0483f89f9.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Steve0 said:

My back yard did not fit

Many mornings we see fog below (deck was being re-done).

BackYard.thumb.jpg.abeaa9a5a2850652875dfca86a99b8e1.jpg

The light around sunset is spectacular.

BackYard2.thumb.jpg.b3a0179f1f8b51765646a54b8260a050.jpg

Some excellent photos there SteveO. Love the rock orchid.(Orchids are amazingly different and beautiful. How do you know you have a tick can you feel their bite or does somebody make you aware? Apparently, they can be very dangerous to your health.

How rude are some thoughtless people with the use of their mobile phones? Getting their jollies while everybody else has a miserable time. Selfish a...holes.

bn

2 hours ago, big Neil said:

Some excellent photos there SteveO. Love the rock orchid.(Orchids are amazingly different and beautiful. How do you know you have a tick can you feel their bite or does somebody make you aware? Apparently, they can be very dangerous to your health.

How rude are some thoughtless people with the use of their mobile phones? Getting their jollies while everybody else has a miserable time. Selfish a...holes.

bn

You feel a slight itch where the tick is burrowed in and scratch lightly without thinking. That's enough to make them vomit a bit more poison in and the itch starts (itchy over a year when I struck a nest of 19). I've had MMA (allergy to ALL mammal meat) since about 2003. I get a bad dose of hives if I eat, steak, lamb, pork, rabbit, roo... (you should be getting the general idea). Fish and fowl are OK. Not much else. Some people have life-threatening reactions. Some people react to tiny doses of mammal product (sausage skins, milk products, gelatine), so I consider myself lucky.  Personal focus over, the little b's are spreaders of all sorts of disease. Science still says there is no Lyme disease in Australia, but there is another disease with Lyme-like symptoms.

Phones are good for photos, but are otherwise incredibly intrusive. 

t

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1