Pairing reel

slayer666

I'm the luckiest father today I received my early father's day present a daiwa exsist 2500   loaded with 12lb siglon braid. Now the hard part I  don't know what rod to match it with I have a budget of $250-$600. Looking at  2-4kg  this combo will  mainly be used for bass, trout well mostly fresh water. Any one have advice on what rod I should pair with this beautiful looking reel 

Nice reel, however I would consider 6-8lb braid next time to increase distance and make casting of small lures easier.  The worlds your oister with a budget like that, I'm sure you will get plenty of recommendations on rods.  Consider a shorter rod about 6ft if lobbing short casts to snags from a boat, but if you will be casting longer distances go for one about 7ft2in.   Im sure you will end up with a top outfit.  Ron 

1 hour ago, slayer666 said:

I'm the luckiest father today I received my early father's day present a daiwa exsist 2500   loaded with 12lb siglon braid. Now the hard part I  don't know what rod to match it with I have a budget of $250-$600. Looking at  2-4kg  this combo will  mainly be used for bass, trout well mostly fresh water. Any one have advice on what rod I should pair with this beautiful looking reel 

This is right up your alley

https://products.samurairods.com.au/products/category/CDCAYPNA-rod-by-series/FIN-10-M69--infinite

Moes had them on special for under $600 recently. Very good rods, delicate yet has power. Extra light and very high quality. 

I have two Samurai Reaction, 1-3kg and 2-5kg. I love them both which are paired with Daiwa Certate reels ( 2500HX and 3000XH).

Samurai for me, are only bested by Zenaq so far which is another level up in quality and price.

Hope this helps and you enjoy your new reel with many catches and hundreds of hours fishing.

13 hours ago, slayer666 said:

All I will say is that you must be a great dad to deserve a fathers day present like that!

That reel is way out of my league both fishing and parenting wise, so look into the advice of the others. Some beautiful rod suggestions there.

Its nice to have a premium outfit but I  believe that the difference between a good off the shelf $120-180 rod and a top of the line rod to be very little were you to measure the performance results.  It's better to find a rod with the feel and action you like without any consideration of whats on the price tag.  With your budget you could even consider 2 rods such as a super light rod for light lures for bass and trout etc and a heavier rod for mulloway and snapper. 

I have matched good reels like a Certate with a $60 nibbletip rod because thats the action I needed.  I had the good fortune to win 3 comps in a row winning 3 custom rods worth over $500 only to break 2 due to the brittleness of the high modulus carbon fibre blanks they were made on.  My advice is listen to others opinion as a start, but buy what feels right for you.  Ron 

• Like 1