Never ignore strange sounds.

Fab1

It’s not hard with social media these days and people going to shows to follow someone home or work out where they live.

My old boss lived rural and got broken into at night and they tied up the family apparently and they took his cars and Harley.

Sister and law discovered them when she rocked up the next morning to go out shopping with the wife.

Be careful and DTA.

Real experienced thieves are very good at being bad.....I once had my garage broken into, they took off the architrave around a window, cut the nails holding the window in, removed it and took all my fishing gear, they knew exactly what was there and what they wanted, specific gear was taken, I didn't hear a thing.

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Real experienced thieves are very good at being bad.....I once had my garage broken into, they took off the architrave around a window, cut the nails holding the window in, removed it and took all my fishing gear, they knew exactly what was there and what they wanted, specific gear was taken, I didn't hear a thing.

Only one way to know what you had.They’ve been there or they’ve seen it.

• Like 1

According to the Police who attended, a few places with big boats in the yard got done, they seem to think it was an organised gang that hit a certain suburb, then move on, never saw any of the gear again, and a few bits and pieces I would pay double their worth, one rod built for me by a good mate who has since passed away, you can never replace that!

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, noelm said:

According to the Police who attended, a few places with big boats in the yard got done, they seem to think it was an organised gang that hit a certain suburb, then move on, never saw any of the gear again, and a few bits and pieces I would pay double their worth, one rod built for me by a good mate who has since passed away, you can never replace that!

That is the part that sucks mate.Someone pretty much always sees or hears something mate.How many times do we hear neighbours dogs barking,alarms going off,people talking etc and don’t investigate?It happens a lot and I’m certainly guilty too.

Edited by Fab1
  • Like 1