North Narrabeen Beach (then Narra' Lake Spin)

trev

zzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzz ALARM went off 4:00am and nearly give me a coronary, I was in such a deep sleep. Load the car check everything 5 times (obsessive compulsive dissorder returns) Drive to Baulko' and pick up Dad he has the espresso machine primed and ready and gives me a coffee before we leave.

Got to to Narrabeen and had a look slight southerly starting :( not good and water looked real rough and waves close and dumping.

Any way rig up with pillies on 3/0 gangs and proceed to fish the rising tide very quiet with only a couple of decernable bites. Then Dad sings out. His rod is bent over towards horizon and line is screaming off his reel like I have never seen on a beach before. He regains some yards of mono but then again this leviathan decides he wants to meet Clutch and head for New Zealand and again line is just screaming off the reel and straight out from the beach. There is a short pause dad tries to regain line but as soon as pressure is applied the response is another massive run. Dad states the obvious, as he is accustomed to " you know son I think this might be a reasonable fish!" Dad tightens the drag to try and turn the fish he starts getting a few more metres back and then nothing wind and wind and wind back all the line and all four gangs are gone and neat cut through mono. I have never seen my Dad react so well to a lost fish though. I was expecting :mad3::ranting2::mad3::ranting2: but he was almost the opposite, saying that it was the best fish he has ever had on his line. I just wish we could have at least seen it...

Our enthusiasm bouyed by this experience we continued to soak pillies but the only fish landed was a small sting ray by me.

We then packed up and headed to middle creak were I caught 2 whiting each about 35cm on berkely gulp sandworm in bloody.

No keepers but a pretty awsome experience for Dad. He is already talking about our next trip together.

I must admit it is a real good feeling taking Dad fishing and returning the favour for all the times he took me as a youngster.

Cheers

Trev

Guest maraudingmado

Nice report Trev. Condolences on the lost fish for Dad but at least he had the thrill of hooking something of reasonable size. Nothing like fishing with the parent/s only wish mine was still alive to compete against :1fishing1::1fishing1:

Think it might have been a noah or stingray your father hooked :unsure:

Good report Trev,

odds on it was a shark, there have been quite a few sightings on the northern beaches lately, that must have been heart pumping stuff NTL. Sounds like you guys had a reasonable session up Middle Creek as well, 35 cm whiting is a good fish, well done.

Good report mate.

Had a quick look at North Narra on my way to work at around 7:15 this morning, there was quite a shore break as you describe. Bad luck on the lost fish, but great that you're able to enjoy wetting a line with your Dad, I hope my son takes me for a fish when I'm getting on...

Me & my son had a quick beach bash near Narra last night, all we got between us was a 60cm port jackson shark, and I've caught seaweed that fought better!

Cheers,

neil

zzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzz..............He regains some yards of mono but then again this leviathan decides he wants to meet Clutch and head for New Zealand

By all means let him come on over :074::074:

Trev great report mate..........so good to hear you and your Dad out together :thumbup: lets home next time he lands the sucker!!...........otherwise sounds like it may be me :biggrin2:

Had a fish of Narra Beach in that filthy southerly on Wed night - was actually a pretty hot bite, but couldnt hook anything. Thinking they might have been bream and since i was using hole pillie woth 5/0 ganags then kept missing them. Went down to half pillie but a kite surfer landed his kite and himself in the gutter and I didnt get any more bites from then on - I thought that was a bit strange cause ive caught fish in the middle of surfers before.

Mate fished off another beach further north on the same night for a sambo, a flatty, and an unstopable

Cheers

Ben