Fishing location advice - Mid North Coast

FisherMac

Hi folks,

Some friends and I are looking to meet in the mid north coast mid October for a 5 day fishing trip. Some of us will be travelling from the Central Coast whilst others from Brisbane. 

I fish lures and am trying to get the rest of the rest of the crew into it. I mostly fish flathead, bream, luderick, although would be keen to get into some snapper or mackerel.

Options would be South West Rocks, Cresent Head, Coffs etc. The QLDers don't want to come as far south as Port Stephens 

Ideally the chosen location would have a great estuary to fish with boat hire, and an option to charter out wide.

I'd personally hire a local guide although numbers on their boats often caps out at 2 or 3.

Which location would you go and why? 

Very keen to get stuck into a few.

• Thanks 1

Some great spots have been recommended. Another one to consider is Yamba, the Clarence river offers great river fishing. And a lot of jewies get caught off the breakwall there. There is some great beach and rock fishing around Yamba and Iluka. And there is a very good charter operator I can recommend if you want to head offshore.

Closer to Queensland than Sydney, so less a drive for some and more for others.

Cheers

Rob

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...