Coledale - Late November

HawkesburyParadise

Going on a vacation with a few couples. One of the guys is into fishing so keen on dipping the line. 

Lots of rocks around. I don't have the skills or the equipment for Rock Fishing but keen to know what to target in areas where beach meets Rocks. 

Seems a small beach, will it still have structure(gutters, sandbanks). Any estuary/jetty/rockwall type of fishing in the area? 

I don’t know the area, but when I’m heading to a beach I’m not familiar with, I can learn a lot about structure etc by looking on Google Earth and Six Maps. Its not up to date, but gives you a rough idea and will also show you other possible areas like you mention nearby.

Your main targets around November will be salmon and bream. If you want to fish a little lighter you can add whiting and dart to the list. Do a little research on beach fishing for these species and you should be well on your way.

Edited by Green Hornet
  • Like 2

Looks like a nice place to stay. Are you camping?

I'd throw out a bait while the kids build sandcastles. What do you have to lose? You never know what might turn up.

There looks like there is more wave action further up and further down the coast but it depends on whether you can get away.

Make sure you have a decent rod holder to keep your reel out of the sand and wash down your gear afterwards with fresh water (tighten up the drag before rinsing, loosen afterwards and gentle on the water pressure...don't jet blast).

• Like 1