Estuary Boat

Mooseadventures

Hi all - I am moving (from N Beaches Sydney) to the NT for a year. Trying to work out what boat to buy for up there, that I would also be able to use when back in Sydney.

I am looking at something like a Stacer Outlaw 469. The thinking is:

- small enough for rivers and creeks in the NT chasing Barra

- big enough for some Inshore Reef

- suitable for casting in the Pittwater, Hawksbury and trolling the Headlands for Kings

Am I looking for a unicorn that doesn't exist? Open to thoughts and ideas.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Mooseadventures said:

Hi all - I am moving (from N Beaches Sydney) to the NT for a year. Trying to work out what boat to buy for up there, that I would also be able to use when back in Sydney.

I am looking at something like a Stacer Outlaw 469. The thinking is:

- small enough for rivers and creeks in the NT chasing Barra

- big enough for some Inshore Reef

- suitable for casting in the Pittwater, Hawksbury and trolling the Headlands for Kings

Am I looking for a unicorn that doesn't exist? Open to thoughts and ideas.

Thanks

My opinion: should be suited to those applications / locations with a 75HP motor and Minn Kota with spot lock. No serious weight problem for towing. I've never been in one but stability needs consideration especially for the croc infested top end waters.

bn

• Like 1

I have Stacer Outlaw 449 SC with a 60hp ETEC and a 55lb thrust Minn Kota. I use it offshore from Port Stephens and I’ve fished off Sydney, in Botany Bay, Port Hacking and the Hawkesbury and bass fishing in the Nepean. I find it very stable. I reckon a 469 Outlaw would suit your needs to a T. I’d probably go for the maximum recommended HP for that hull and maybe go for a higher thrust Minn Kota to deal with those raging tidal currents up north.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the site. If I was in your position I would be looking at the Gulf Runner 4.8 centre console

Length: 4.80 
Beam: 2.23 M
Depth: 1.08 M
Bottom Thickness: 3 mm
Side Thickness: 3 mm
Person Capacity (max): 5
Underfloor Fuel Tank Size: 60 L
Included Outboard: Yamaha F70LA
Steering: Hydraulic
Max Outboard Horsepower: 70 HP
Transom Height: 20"
Included Trailer: Dunbier Galvanized Steel 4.7
Hull Weight : 448 kg
Package Weight: 787 kg
Approximate Height on Trailer: 2.3 M
Package Length on Trailer: 6.1 M

Add a Minn kota OR your chouce of electric bow mount a decent sounder/gps and a few more rod holders as well as a good bimini for the tropics and you would have a decent package .

1657896060_gplfwestern4.8centreconsole(2).jpg.f20b22dd4f4803834768cd1431d51779.jpg

Frank

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frankS said:

Hi and welcome to the site. If I was in your position I would be looking at the Gulf Runner 4.8 centre console

Length: 4.80 
Beam: 2.23 M
Depth: 1.08 M
Bottom Thickness: 3 mm
Side Thickness: 3 mm
Person Capacity (max): 5
Underfloor Fuel Tank Size: 60 L
Included Outboard: Yamaha F70LA
Steering: Hydraulic
Max Outboard Horsepower: 70 HP
Transom Height: 20"
Included Trailer: Dunbier Galvanized Steel 4.7
Hull Weight : 448 kg
Package Weight: 787 kg
Approximate Height on Trailer: 2.3 M
Package Length on Trailer: 6.1 M

Add a Minn kota OR your chouce of electric bow mount a decent sounder/gps and a few more rod holders as well as a good bimini for the tropics and you would have a decent package .

1657896060_gplfwestern4.8centreconsole(2).jpg.f20b22dd4f4803834768cd1431d51779.jpg

Frank

Thank you very much Frank - I'm now looking into the Gulf Runner. Appreciate your input