7/11/22 berowera

slothparade

Part 2:

Headed out early and noticed something break the surface near the boat ramp, paddled out and chucked a mullet vibe and landed a healthy large bream around 30 cm. Released and headed off to get the pots. Arrived at where the pots were meant to be and was scratching my head thinking I just have marked the GPS coordinates wrong, anyways paddle around a bit more and eventually find one ages away from where I left it, definitely been messed with and a little while later I found my other pot. The baits were missing, completely disappeared, guessing the work of crabs but unfortunately they were nicked. Just great full that my pots weren't stolen. Went back and explored the mangroves and removed some abandoned traps, hanging in trees, half buried ECT, no tags or anything so I just removed them and chucked them, I just want to make it clear they were derp in mangroves, falling apart, no float/ tags ECT, so yeah obviously dumped pots. Also did remove some rubbish as well, just trying to keep the system a bit cleaner. 

• Like 8