Flattie reel

BigHorse

G'day fishraiders, 

After visiting a local fishing store in toronto (i don't think i can give out names due to site rules....) i purchased an Abu Garcia KRK salty elite rod in an 2-5kg size due to it being 60% off and selling for $80 instead of $200!

Now i have got the issue of finding a reel to suit this rod, ill being chasing species like flathead, bread, bass and even small jew on this set up so am looking for a reel around the 2000-4000 size to match the rod. My price range is up to $140, if i can't find anything good i will just go back to the sedona which i have fished hard for a year and hasn't shown any signs of wear. Thank you for the help!

Nothing wrong with Sedonas, but if you want to try something different, search for the abu revo s and you should find it on sale for a tad more than $70. Get the 20 size (probably equivalent to a shimano 2500). Buy some braid and that will get you free delivery. I got one, and I’m quite happy with it. The white doesn’t exactly float my boat, but I can move past that…

Nothing fancy, but gets the job done!

• Like 2

I’m in full agreement with the others that have suggested the Sedona as they are a great reel.

I also have several Daiwa reels in the LT range and they have been superb! Silky smooth drag and nice and light.

There are some good specials on now at a well known fishing camping store and it may be worth your while taking your new rod in and testing the different options.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing some flathead reports soon! 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1