Lavender bay

Aussie_fisher

21 hours ago, Aussie_fisher said:

Hi guys, wondering if any of you have fished lavender bay near Luna park land based before? If so is it a good spot, and what fish can you catch there? Hoping to chase some kingies and salmon but am also happy to chase the usual trevally, flatties and bream. Thanks and cheers.

Hey @Aussie_fisher Are you using lures or bait? And also what time/tide? If you're using bait you'll get your usual stuff, bream, snapper, flatties and trevs. With lures you can get your usual stuff and tailor. If you're lucky you might get a sambo or a kingy encounter on bait/lures. At night fishing dies down a lot and you'll most likely get flatties, tailor or eels (maybe jewies but I've never caught one there) The yakkas there are a bit odd and it's really a hit or a miss if you encounter them.

I’m not much of a lure fisho. For bait I’ll probably use pilchards, prawn or chicken. With these I’ll try to get the common bream, flatties, trevs and if it’s a good day maybe a sambo. I have never fished for kingies before, but would like to give it a shot if lavender bay is a good spot. Are yakkas any good for kingies in lavender bay? I’ll probably fish off the wharf there as I’m land based. Either I’ll go early in the morning between 5 or 6 am, or in the late afternoon. Which fish have you caught there? Thanks mate