Land based fishing Spots NSW- serious help needed

Mqx S

Hi All . Thanks heaps to everyone 

I am fairly new to fishing but despite trying everything I could learn I have not been able to catch anything legal in last 2 years.

disappointed to a stage that I give a second thought when I think about fishing . 
can you please recommend some spots where I can catch some fish and get my moral back 

I only do bait fishing with peeled prawns or squid 

I am in Bankstown area NSW but happy to travel upto an hour 

have a light 4-6 kg rod . Unsure what specie to really target and how 

mostly just cast and wait . 
tried various hook sizes and bait with not much luck .

Really appreciate your advice and help . 

No guarantees as I haven’t fished these spots myself but I do know people that have .

Salt pan creek - our very own master lure fisho Shroom made a video of this spot recently -sorry Shroom but there are no secret spots  on Fishraider 😂.

You would be targeting Bream, flathead, maybe a whiting and possibly a small Mulloway .

I would start out with a 1/0 long shank with just enough lead to get bottom - this will be more at Tom uglys and in the woronora and salt pan you won’t need much if any lead maybe start with something the size of a 5 cent pice and go from there  . A running sinker rig and around a metre of trace from the hook to swivel . Line 8-12lb would be a good start . The bait you are using will be fine , maybe try a strip of mullet or even chicken but rather than casting out and setting  the rod in a holder try to keep the bait moving slowly , maybe just lift the rod tip every minute or so and wind in the slack and repeat .  

Hope that helps !

F3B5B476-9356-4931-808A-F9846ADAC004.thumb.jpeg.dd414c93343ff6a11e85593529a32f2b.jpeg

Another two spots are either end of Tom ugly’s bridge and the spots marked at Woronora.012ABD42-35A5-40BD-A23C-4D1969368EC3.thumb.jpeg.b5d6fdb4803d9d90b321b68549ddb0c5.jpegB6DFF103-D9A7-4CA0-80A7-957016D174AC.thumb.jpeg.36a96e8269486085feec3a7db5986cbb.jpeg

Edited by XD351
  • Like 3

I fished at Salt Pan a ton at both of those pictured spots. There’s a third good spot there further south underneath the Henry Lawson bridge which I think is even better.49EFA122-CDB4-4680-B1A3-ECBDDE4A279E.thumb.jpeg.563afeafc68a2335329f064a626e8d2a.jpeg
I park on Alma Rd (red X) and there’s a boardwalk through the bush that takes you underneath. This spot is a bit busier, not uncommon to have half a dozen rods in the water. 
I’ve had legal bream and flathead there and seen Estuary Perch and long fin eel taken, and there’s frequent reports of jewfish catches. 

That being said I haven’t ever had a session as productive as Shroom’s video! It really highlights the skill gap watching fish so easily caught at what I feel is a tough spot to fish.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...