Waza's rod, tested on Cod...

big Neil

So yesterday I headed to the river to familiarise myself with the new rod which Waza made for me. Coupled with the L/H wind Shimano Tranx loaded with 40lb braid and 40lb leader. I felt confident of landing any Cod which jumped on the lures. I tried lures in the few areas where there were back eddies and spinner baits where there was a bit of run in the water. 5 hours of constant casting and not even a single hit. Bumped into a couple of mates on the way back to the ramp, who were bait fishing, and they only had a smallish Cod on the board. All in all the rod was really easy to use and it was allowing me to feel the action of the lures as they worked their way through the snags. Such is Murray Cod fishing...some days they are ON and other days they just don't want to play.

303692050_IMG_4158(2)rsA.thumb.jpg.7a06f596e31b8eb85f4e6f87bfe576e1.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality photo of Waza's rod. it's a beauty. Thanks Waza. bn

IMG_4157 (3).JPG

IMG_4158 (7).JPG

IMG_4158 (8).JPG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wazatherfisherman said:

Hi Neil looking forward to seeing you get a genuine big cod on it and how it handles such a critter. Have you found it casts the 'right size' lures accurately?

Yep it casts really well and coupled with the new Tranx reel, no birdsnests. Lovely sensitive tip allows for feeling everything happening sub surface. I can't wait till I get a good Cod on it too.

Cheers, Neil

• Like 1