Does anyone know of some fish able creeks in the Illawarra area?

Samuel hall

6 minutes ago, Samuel hall said:

Me and some mates are trying to find a couple good freshwater creeks In the Illawarra area

Welcome Sam and I see you have just joined our community. We are quite different to Facebook etc where people just jump in and ask a question. 

It is a good idea to use our search engine to research things a little. 

Please introduce yourself to the community here while you wait for some response to your question. 

Not many freshwater creeks around, until you start getting out a bit, way up the end of Minnamurra River, Macquarie Rivulet I think has fresh water way upstream, then of course, it's up the top of the escarpment to find fresh water.

There is plenty of freshwater fishing in the Highlands. Wingecarribee and Wollondilly have plenty of carp and redfin, and some trout. During winter some of the spawning trout from Warragamba head that way.

A lot of the reservoirs on the Highlands are also stock with trout and bass.

Just depends what your target species is.

I guess it also depends on your definition of "the Illawarra" to me, that doesn't include the Highlands, but maybe that's just me? Minnamurra has decent Bass but you need to be mindful of private property if on foot, and if in doubt, ask or stay out......