The entrance

Aussie_fisher

Hi raiders, been fishing the harbour lately but will hit an old favourite spot before the rains begin and school term starts. I have quite a bit of experience fishing the entrance, but I usually do it from the shore. This time I'm looking to wade into the channel and find a good drop off. Is there a certain area or drop off in the channel which would have good activity and if so, through where would i have to enter the channel to wade to it safely through shallow water without suddenly stepping into random drop off or dip and getting soaked. Thanks!

Hi,

There are stairs to the sand flats on the eastern side of The Entrance Bridge either side of the restaurant building on the southern shore of the channel (in front of the Bottom Pub). Both are OK as access points atm but you'll  need to climb up a bit to get to the bottom stair when exiting the water. The stairs on the bridge side go into slightly deeper water than those on the ocean side of the restaurants.

This could change quickly as atm we have some very big tides and the sand moves around a fair bit. A spot I fished yesterday morning no longer existed when I returned this morning!

KB