Oooppsss

Renegade460

I  sold a single cab 2003 nissan, was the old 3Ltr engine, pulled like a train. I preferred that to tow the boat, especially as I could climb on to the tray and step onto the bow of the boat and down thru the hatch and vice versa after I have driven the boat back on the trailer, no wet feet, Cant do that with the Ranger duel cab.

Single cab utes, as Noel illuded too, are brilliant, picking up large stuff, dump etc. enough space for 3 to squeeze in when heading down the ramp, but not if one of them is the Dog, so my wife kept informing me..

7 minutes ago, Bryant fish said:

Funny I thought  about  a single cab  but nowhere to throw a bag or whatever turned me off 

That is a dissadvantage, yes. I ran a 2 meter tool box down one side of mine, when we went away, boat in tow, everything went into the tool box, was completely weather proof and 3 locks. Basically the same room as I have in the dual cab in the back seats in all honesty...

A kind of funny story (and I think I posted this here before) but when I got my Hilux years ago, I was specifically looking for a 3 seat model, and they are quite rare, but after a long search, I saw one for sale north of Sydney, Black, 4X4, SR, 3 seat, perfect! I called the guy and asked details, he got it new, and if I wanted to catch the train up, he parked in the station car park for work. Great, I got on the train, found him and the car in the car park, and took it for a drive, did a quick REVs check and said I will leave some cash deposit and pick it up tomorrow (sort of risky) he said "just take it, we can fill out the rego papers and if you don't transfer the money, I will report it stolen to the Police, they will sort you out" I kind of thought, "you're joking" here I was, in a car park, giving a total stranger money and taking a car! I decided, he had the rego papers, in his name, he had the keys, and he was working on a building site next to the station, so, what the hell! We did the deal, I did the money transfer the when I got home, job done. I had that car for a long time, renovated my house, over loaded it many times, trips to the dump, used it almost daily, people borrowed it to move stuff and pick up things, and made 6 grand on it when I sold it a year ago.