Oooppsss

Renegade460

On 1/23/2023 at 2:10 PM, mii11x said:

As I've recently traded my ranger of the same model due to continuous repairing of faults and defects, I should have done the same.  I'm guessing "accidental" forgetting of handbrake lever

Hopefully you learnt your lesson.All the utes ain’t what they use to be including Toyota in my opinion.I think I’ll hold onto mine for the next few decades me thinks.

31 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Hopefully you learnt your lesson.All the utes ain’t what they use to be including Toyota in my opinion.I think I’ll hold onto mine for the next few decades me thinks.

Funny you say this, was only just thinking whether or not to upgrade my 2011 ranger, last of the PK's, only done 120k's,  thought about it for a week or so, then the same as you by the sounds, I'll save myself 60-70k and keep driving my 1 owner for another decade..

1 hour ago, BaitDropper said:

Funny you say this, was only just thinking whether or not to upgrade my 2011 ranger, last of the PK's, only done 120k's,  thought about it for a week or so, then the same as you by the sounds, I'll save myself 60-70k and keep driving my 1 owner for another decade..

I have a 2003 Hilux that drinks like a Samoan at a pub,has manual everything,vinyl floors,will shatter your spine over bumps and will survive a nuclear bomb I reckon.160k on clock now.I thought about new anything Ute and I simply cannot justify it and am attached to mine that’s never giving us dramas other than the norm.Brakes,oil changes,etc which I’ve done since day dot costing peanuts.

My neighbour had a Ute the same as yours and I can tell you know you’re in the same boat as the new ones are not anything like yours.Personally I’d keep yours as all new cars,utes are 💩 now if you take time out to smell the roses and really look at them/

prices have gone significantly ^^^^^^ and quality vvvvvvv big time.

Edited by Fab1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm hearin you Fab.  

I do all my own maintenance, so I have no issue there, but the prices for a new 4x4, have just exploded, even before the Crud virus.

I had to have my previous vehicle, prized from my posession when I got this Ranger, but it was only a 2 seater ute, which when heading away with boat in tow, her indoors never enjoyed the ride or the fact it was only a 2 seater.

Neighbour up the road has a new ranger I went in the other day, Wow, next level comfort, BUT, I'd rather spend the extra 50k on something else, my old bus does everything his does, maybe not as smoothly, but I can forgo that...

Heard of a few issues with the latest Versions,    with all the new u-bute electronics on offer nowadays, well, just more potential for things to go wrong me thinks..

3 hours ago, Fab1 said:

I have a 2003 Hilux that drinks like a Samoan at a pub,has manual everything,vinyl floors,will shatter your spine over bumps and will survive a nuclear bomb I reckon.160k on clock now.I thought about new anything Ute and I simply cannot justify it and am attached to mine that’s never giving us dramas other than the norm.Brakes,oil changes,etc which I’ve done since day dot costing peanuts.

My neighbour had a Ute the same as yours and I can tell you know you’re in the same boat as the new ones are not anything like yours.Personally I’d keep yours as all new cars,utes are 💩 now if you take time out to smell the roses and really look at them/

prices have gone significantly ^^^^^^ and quality vvvvvvv big time.

2003 with 160k.....my 2017 ranger had 183k when I traded it June 2022

8 hours ago, Bryant fish said:

I just got anew triton my old 2003 has over 380000km hopefully  the new one is as good.

So I said I traded my ranger, it was a 2.2l 6 speed 4x2 2 door traded povvo pack.  Expected delivery of the dmax x terrain is may 2023.  I looked at the triton, the gsr roller cover version to be exact and the interior of the Max was much nicer.  I've heard rumours that a new triton is on the way possibly using a Nissan engine.  I've been told by a few mechanic mates to stay away from Nissan diesel engines

Yeah I've heard  about the Mitsubishi Nissan Renault thing so if I was spending  my money I would wait and see for a year  or two and see if there any good.im a tradie so don't want to pay for shiny stuff on a Ute but I can see why people  want flash for the money they cost saying  that I got the model up from base and I prefer a manual so cost was about the same but has nicer wheels side steps and a diff locker. While I was waiting to pick mine up I walked around  the yard they are also a Toyota dealer I can't see how they are nearly double the price it's a Ute not a sports car and don't tell me about being able to tow 3.5 t safely I call b.s. anyway my boat wouldn't  be a tonne .hopefully  it's as good as the old one I've had for close to 15 years

I think the Nissan engine has been in use for ages now in the Triton, I recently sold my old SR Hilux V6 4X4 and a kind of rare 3 seater, and went to a twin cab (grandkids are bigger now, so, the single cab had to go) got an old 2014 Triton cheap, didn't realise how completely useless a dual cab is for putting stuff in the back, it's no bigger than a car boot!! near a waste of time. Gees I miss the long tray of the Hilux

• Like 1

Im pretty sure its a mitsubishi motor i may be wrong .I went with a canopy same as old one and yes they can be a pain but most of my tools are in 2 toolboxes on wheels I didn't  want to go tray and tool boxes as a lot of jobs I can't drive close enough to make it easy.one of the selling  points for me was that the motor and running gear has been around  for a long time and with 10 yrs warranty  s

Don't know what I done there but anyway 10 yrs warranty  but only If serviced  with Mitsubishi  any repairs I will do myself or local mechanic. The old triton  was the most reliable  car I've had but getting  too many km.s and a change in working  made sense to upgrade.also a tax thing

I guess like all things, you need to put in perspective your intended use, for me, the Hilux was just our second car, so a Ute made perfect sense, I towed the tinny with it all the time, and the cat now and then, and when you need to pick things up or go to the dump, the single cab was perfect....but! The grandkids started to want to come with us, so I looked around for nearly a year, a few trips around Sydney looking at some pieces of junk, and then I spied a twin cab, diesel 4X4 Triton about 2ks from home, with a "for sale" sign on the window I went into the house and found out a bit about it, 2014, one owner in pretty good condition, full service history from a local mechanic, they had to sell extra quick, because their new Triton arrived 4 months early and the dealer told them they have 2 days to get it, as they had a line of people waiting to buy a new one. They wanted 10 grand, I took it for a drive, compared to the V6 Hilux it was very "diesel like" but, I transferred them the money and I have had it for a while now, great "little" Ute!  

Just a quick story about looking for cars, I saw a Nissan Navara out near Cambelltown, the pictures looked good, sporty red.....so I arranged a time to look at it, when I got there, it was a red Nissan alright, but it was a heap of crap, I said it was not the same car as the one in the pictures, he said "that's my mates car, but it's the same model and colour" now I am not too sure how legal it is to do that, but I just said "no thanks" and left.

Yeah I hear so much  crap about  towing loads pay loads and then they add every accessory known to drive around  Sydney.the old Ute had a bull bar and did save damage when a semi backed into me at port botany but I only used 4wd for maybe 5 hrs in 14 yrs .I got 4wd again because  dealer told me wait for 2wd could be a lot longer as there not as popular. I wanted white as it's a work car but that was a longer wait so got there first delivery which wad grey I'm glad I did looks nice