Toughing It Out In The Elements 18/1

Trouble

Got a day off today so i had to make the most of the time, We got down to brookyln ramp by 6:00am and headed off to gather some bait as we planned to drift for a few flathead, perfect size yakkas where coming up on every drop, thought to myself this is good real good, decided to put one out the back of the boat just to see any passing bonito,salmon or if we where lucky some passing kingies...

A minute after letting out 20m of line the float started going nuts and then that cry we all like happened and the reel screamed and i was on, the next 10 mins i did battle with my first kingy for 2006 and it was good to be back into them, the fish ended up going 63cm and went strait onto ice :thumbup:

3/4 into the fight when i spoted it was a king i also saw around 8 fish following, so told my mate to hook up a livie and get it out there, as soon as it the water BOOF and he was on, it was short lived as this was no rat and took him to the bottom in a matter of seconds, i had a good laugh while still batteling mine...

For the next hour we ended up with 10 hookups 4 kings and 1 salmom, it was uttter caos as we had double hook ups a few times and as my mate was using lighter then usual gear for them he fought a rat of 62cm for aprox 25mins..In this time i got busted up numerous times and also caught my biggest kingy to this date or 76cm and had to net the bugger by myself :ranting2:

We ended up running out of livies as we couldnt catch any more but it was fun while it lasted...Every yakka we had counted for a hook up..awesome stuff

Fish where caught in the pittwater

cheers,

Rob

Edited by madsmc

Trouble,

Well done.

Great to see after hearing all about the dissapointing things that have been happening to Pittwater.

Was there myself on the weekend. Lost a pack of gulp sandworms to hungry fish with nothing much to show for it but I wasn't really trying to catch fish - was there with a mate from London who wanted to do some sightseeing.

Cheers fella's,

The only sp's i had where 3 inch BM and a 1-3kg heartland rod that strugles on 35cm bream so didnt really want to push my luck to much :074: , just stuck with the technique that was bloody productive at the time..

Guest maraudingmado

Lets hope Breeze reads this report. It might make him think twice about handing in his licence. Goodonya Trouble for the catching of fish and the persistence in not too good weather. :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers for all the reply fellas :thumbup:

Yeah Rod, dad was quite impressed to say the least and very envious when i sent him a sms after the caos settled down. I havent heard any complaints yet from him either that we having kingfish for dinner tonite.. :biggrin2:

Rob