What happened to sand flat fishing Australia

DerekD

Hi All,

I follow a channel called Sand flat fishing Australia on Youtube. I believe the host is up on the Central Coast.

There were some helpful how to videos on the site and it was a great reference for people wanting to get into topwater fishing.

Went to look at the site today and all videos were removed and with no forwarding address.

Does anyone know why and for how long? Is the host creating his own website? Did he run foul of censoring?

Any updates would be appreciated.

Derek

• Sad 2

Hi Derek ,

Sandflat fishing Australia is based on the mid north coast , I haven’t heard anything from karl in a while either . He used to be on the doc lures podcast as well but I no longer listen to that , I know he was going to start guided fishing tours so maybe he is busy doing that - or maybe he switched over to the other platform - odyssey ?

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 9:26 PM, DerekD said:

Hi All,

I follow a channel called Sand flat fishing Australia on Youtube. I believe the host is up on the Central Coast.

There were some helpful how to videos on the site and it was a great reference for people wanting to get into topwater fishing.

Went to look at the site today and all videos were removed and with no forwarding address.

Does anyone know why and for how long? Is the host creating his own website? Did he run foul of censoring?

Any updates would be appreciated.

Derek

I believe his local waterway is Harrington on the mid north coast.  Last time he was posting semi regularly he was planning on starting a business to teach people land based lure fishing. Maybe he thought the free video content was encroaching on his new business?  I know he'd disabled comments on all his videos, probably to stop people revealing spots.  I've been to Harrington a few times and I don't think a lot of the local fisho's appreciate his broadcasting some of the better local spots all over the internet - maybe he decided to take them down eventually out of respect for those folks.  It was really easy to tell in a lot of videos where he was fishing based on the background if you knew he was in and around Harrington.

Incidentally I can't recommend Harrington enough as a fishing destination.  Hard to throw a lure anywhere in that place without pulling in a good flathead - my PB was from there at nearly 90cm.  Definitely worth the drive.

• Like 2

Looks like he has entered into politics, he is the greens member for the division of Lyne . That would explain why he pulled his YouTube content . Do a search for Karl Attenborough and it all appears before you thanks to the magic of google 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to subscribe to it but didn’t renew , decided the money could be best spent elsewhere like more lures or fuel for my boat . I have nothing against the show and did learn a lot from it - it is just a me sort of thing😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, XD351 said:

I used to subscribe to it but didn’t renew , decided the money could be best spent elsewhere like more lures or fuel for my boat . I have nothing against the show and did learn a lot from it - it is just a me sort of thing😂

Fair enough!