Clifton gardens Rock fishing

faker

Hi guys, I have been visiting the area around clifton gardens looking for a way to find the rock fishing sport i see  from the wharf. but i am not sure exactly where it is on the map. is it top or bottom circle?

image.thumb.png.a6e4a544f5a2b143005f98af3cb5c58a.png

Initial searches and videos have helped me to track down the bush route to this red point above. Not sure which one is correct. I am just now trying to figure out the path before i go for a couple of casts. Does anyone know?

image.thumb.png.aacab21c182539999865ba6fcc681f76.png

Edited by faker

It's top circle and easy walk from southern end of the beach. A much better spot known as 'The Island' is the furthest out rocky point at the bottom of your picture. Park near the 'Manor' the huge mansion on the corner of Morella and Iluka Rd's and take the track/s going east- south/east, you can get down where you see the track going back on itself in the picture. Alternatively you can take the track going down past the Manor and walk around the rocks, which is probably best for the first trip there. The Island is called so because it's separated from the land at high tide, but you can wade out there (or back!) on tides up to about 1.4m. The spot goes under on tides over about 1.6m due to ferry waves so be mindful of that.

Deepest water in the lower harbour and there are all sorts of fish from Luderick to Seasonal pelagics at times. If fishing the bottom cast towards Rose Bay (S/E)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, wazatherfisherman said:

It's top circle and easy walk from southern end of the beach. A much better spot known as 'The Island' is the furthest out rocky point at the bottom of your picture. Park near the 'Manor' the huge mansion on the corner of Morella and Iluka Rd's and take the track/s going east- south/east, you can get down where you see the track going back on itself in the picture. Alternatively you can take the track going down past the Manor and walk around the rocks, which is probably best for the first trip there. The Island is called so because it's separated from the land at high tide, but you can wade out there (or back!) on tides up to about 1.4m. The spot goes under on tides over about 1.6m due to ferry waves so be mindful of that.

Deepest water in the lower harbour and there are all sorts of fish from Luderick to Seasonal pelagics at times. If fishing the bottom cast towards Rose Bay (S/E)

Thanks man i will try the northern part first due to safety concerns. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 1:41 AM, wazatherfisherman said:

update. found my way down there but almost stacked it on way down the other week. seems pretty good but going up and down hill is a pain