Happy Mother’s Day

Little_Flatty

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mums in the extended Raider community. I hope that the mothers who are still with us are getting spoiled and those who are no longer with us are remembered fondly.

I know plenty of us here owe our fishing skills - and of course much more - to our mothers. My own fishing journey started at age three when my mother borrowed a couple of cork hand lines from my aunt and took me down to Luna Park wharf to catch a few yakkas. That was the beginning of a life long passion that has given me so much.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Yep, happy Mother's Day to all the mums, single mums, step mums, grand mums, dads who are mum as well  and any other mums I forgot.

Edited by noelm
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Yep, happy Mother's Day to all the mums, single mums, step mums, grand mums, dads who are mum as well  and any other mums I forgot.

Pretty much covered all the bases there noelm. Time to reflect on the ones who are no longer with us, who had the biggest impact on our lives. RIP

bn

• Like 3

My fishing started Luna park wharf catching yakkas as well Mike ! That was back in the late 70s and I caught my first fish there . If it wasn’t for my mum I wouldn’t have got into fishing - she always managed to find enough money for bus and train fares and a packet of prawns for bait .

Edited by XD351
  • Like 3