Soft plastics learning so far

faker

So i have been fishing on SP for several months now and my experience has mostly been favourable towards smaller plastics as they catch a wider range of species but i am more easily going to lose fish when i hook on something more ridiculous( i am looking at the 2 sambos i recently lost)

2.5 Grubs I have been consistently catching everything

4 Grubs not caught anything with them and always get damaged by tailor for some reason

2.5 paddle tails mostly tailors have yet to catch bream on one

3 paddle tail have not spent too much time on it but most likely catch flathead( need help on what species i can catch with them)

5 jerk shad- 2 small flathead off beach( my aim is to get good enough with them to target perlagics during summer)

3.75 inch streakz i have gotten tailor and flatty with them but never a bream

So the thing i would ask everyone is

1. how do i work big jerkshads and paddle tails like the 5 inch range( i have been using 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 oz)?
  2. i have been consistent with slow roll + pauses + twitch are more effective then my double hops are not that effective (not caught anthing with them yet even plain slow roll lands me more fish
  3. Does fast jerk downwards twice towards me everytime it hits bottom work for flathead?
  4. For 3- inch paddle tails how should I work them and what to target and best way to work them?