Old Hobie Seat Alternatives

Bohono

Hi all. Recently bought an old hobie 2nd hand and have had a couple trips with it and I have come to a realisation. Man does the older style of seats hurt. Especially in the lower back region. Wanting to ask whether anyone has a 3rd party alternative or even a DIY solution. 

I've adjusted so that I sit in like a normal chair and when I use the pedals my back isn't leaning on the rear wall bit and find it is pretty comfortable. I guess maybe a few pieces of pool noodle cable tied together to form a pillow of sorts, and placed behind might help? 

I just bought an icebox which I place right behind my back. It sorts of forces me to sit up straighter and feels a bit better although still far from anything good. Ill buy a pool noodle and try to experiment. Thanks for the suggestion

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Get a cushion for your kayak seat, it's the best thing I have done. You can buy premade ones or do it yourself. I chose the later as I wanted a custom fit.

Measure up the size you want, goto clark rubber website and choose the High Density Packaging and Seating Foam (50mm).

To cover the foam you can make your own or just buy a premade outdoor cushion cover. 

Edited by whiskey299