Bowsprit

Bait_drifta

Can you zoom out a bit more in the photo and perhaps put up a side shot and a picture of the supplied bowsprit as well. Seems like you already have a decent sized bowsprit with a roller. It may be possible to mount the drum winch supplied bowsprit behind your existing roller without cutting the rails or compromising any functionality. That may work if you have a flat bottom type bowsprit supplied. 

Alternatively, if you look at the drum winch bow sprits like the ones from Lonestar or Stressfree, these bowsprits have a bar above the roller to hold the anchor in place and prevent it being flicked into the boat. So you definitely want to install something like that. In your case, it may be easier to use your existing bow roller,  and simply fit a bar across the bow rails to prevent the anchor flicking... then install a roller between the bow sprit and the drum to prevent the anchor and chain slapping against the hull .... a roller like this:

image.png.0e198f2da04b45cdbb0817ee4cdf87ba.png

Once I see more pictures I may have more ideas. 

Just shaving 15mm off each of the rails will weaken them significantly. I don’t think you’d be happy with the outcome. 

cheers Z

Edited by zmk1962
  • Like 1

I looks like you have a bit of room.

Consider removing the roller, getting some 10mm plate welded on and stuck out the front

Tap some bolt holes and attach your bow sprit to that. I'm doing something similar to mine

although mine will be more on a L shape as I want the ability to be able to put an electric 

motor on one day. I have a Lonestar GX2 and a lone star bow sprit.

On 8/7/2023 at 10:31 PM, zmk1962 said:

Can you zoom out a bit more in the photo and perhaps put up a side shot and a picture of the supplied bowsprit as well. Seems like you already have a decent sized bowsprit with a roller. It may be possible to mount the drum winch supplied bowsprit behind your existing roller without cutting the rails or compromising any functionality. That may work if you have a flat bottom type bowsprit supplied. 

Alternatively, if you look at the drum winch bow sprits like the ones from Lonestar or Stressfree, these bowsprits have a bar above the roller to hold the anchor in place and prevent it being flicked into the boat. So you definitely want to install something like that. In your case, it may be easier to use your existing bow roller,  and simply fit a bar across the bow rails to prevent the anchor flicking... then install a roller between the bow sprit and the drum to prevent the anchor and chain slapping against the hull .... a roller like this:

image.png.0e198f2da04b45cdbb0817ee4cdf87ba.png

Once I see more pictures I may have more ideas. 

Just shaving 15mm off each of the rails will weaken them significantly. I don’t think you’d be happy with the outcome. 

cheers Z

Hey Z, I ended up going to see a fabricator and they are going to move the rails for so I fit the Savwich bow sprit In properly and reinforce the anchor well for the drum. 

It will look much better and give some room when the anchor is retrieved up and not hitting the front of the boat. 

• Like 1