Alternative Boat Uses?

Berleyguts

My boat has not been in the water for quite a while, for a number of reasons, but the forward deck near the anchor well does come in handy as a place to put sports shoes out to dry after cleaning them! 😂 And the aerial is a great hanger to dry my coffee sock! 😂

Does anyone else use their boat for non-boating purposes when it’s just sitting in the driveway? 🤔

IMG_3777.jpeg

IMG_3780.jpeg

Edited by Berleyguts
Added 2nd photo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unfortunately boats can become storage units, “stuff” just gets tossed in there to get it out of the way! When it comes time to fish, it’s too much trouble to clear all the stuff out. My tinny has a ladder in it, some timber slid under it, 2 eskies, all my crab traps are in it, I must clean it out because crabbing season is coming up!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, noelm said:

Unfortunately boats can become storage units, “stuff” just gets tossed in there to get it out of the way! When it comes time to fish, it’s too much trouble to clear all the stuff out. My tinny has a ladder in it, some timber slid under it, 2 eskies, all my crab traps are in it, I must clean it out because crabbing season is coming up!

I just did a thorough clean out of mine, as I had to take it in for a service on the motor and there were some electrical issues to sort out, so I knew they’d need space to work. So absolutely everything came out. When I got it back from service, I vacuumed under the floor thoroughly, gave it a good clean, threw out a lot of crap and reorganised all my gear in a more efficient manner.

My son had a collection of around 50 or more pairs of Nike shoes. I’m slowly going through the collection, have given some to some of his close friends and cousins, have kept a lot for myself and have just started cleaning a few pairs whenever there’s a spare sunny day. Might sell some. Might keep them all. 🤷‍♂️ But the deck of the boat is a great place for drying them out! 😂

• Like 2

Mine make a great cat bed, clothes line, horse blanket shelf, lucerne bail shelf, saddle shelf, the anchor well is great for holding all your odds and ends of horse bits and pieces and whatever. The mrs can think of.

Only thing mine on it is my undies hanging from the rod holder when mrs does the washing.IMG_0947.thumb.jpeg.8dbbff3e99a23a7e385cd03c8a3a87e5.jpeg

• Like 1