Port Hacking

Isaac Ct

Hello everyone, haven't been out or posted for a while so decided to head out early today and fish the deep at Lilli Pilli. Lots of action with plenty of fish breaking the surface and consistent catches of tailor and snapper. I landed 2 in the low 30's and my mate got bitten off 3 times in a row unluckily. After the sun had come over the point I landed a reddie just over legal and then the smaller pinkies started chewing so decided to move. Went to a spot in SWA I hadn't fished for a while and set up a few baits. Managed a larger tailor in the mid 50's and a few other smaller things here and there. Moved further up the arm to try get some more bait as there had been so much action we had used our bag of pillies, squid and tailor fillets. No yakkas around, probably too many boats around so we decided to anchor and swim to shore and have a bit of a walk around. Not much to see except the cuts on our feet from the oysters. The water has warmed up a lot in recent weeks.

Last effort we escaped the boat traffic and went up behind maianbar and threw some shallow dividing hardbodies around and managed a few small flatties and tailor. Right up near the shore in the shallow stuff I had a flattie probably high 40's follow my lure up, then of course my lure ran through the weed and got snagged spooking the fish😡. All in all a good day and feed to be had.

Thanks, Isaac.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Little_Flatty said:

Good to see you back on the horse and the water warming up again. Some keepers, some fun, here’s to a great summer!

Thanks Mike, it got very hot today. Already feels like the middle of summer. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yowie said:

Worth having a go, a few fish to be found.

Currently in Qld, heading back by the end of the week, so maybe a fishing session the week after.

Thanks Yowie, if you get out you should have a bit of luck. Lots of fish around the last few weeks.

10 hours ago, Larkin said:

Great report mate - good to see the hacking firing atm!

Its been really flat outside too over the last two days - must of been a fair few boats out on the water 

Thanks Larkin, lots of big gamefishing boats heading out when I went out. 

1 hour ago, Green Hornet said:

Nice Isaac. Good to see you back out and catching a few.

Thanks Pete, is the basin firing up with the warming weather?