Fishing Diamond Head - any tips / recommendations?

Jrs1

Hi, per the title - looking to do some land based fishing around Diamond Head, Crowdy Bay, Camden Haven next in a couple of weeks.

Does anyone have any tips/recommendations about where I can collect pippies or pump nippers for bait?

Is it also worth trying to target any tailor/mulloway off the beach or anything else off the rocks?

Thanks in advance! 

I have pumped nippers along the shore west of the pub at Harrington and both beaches had pippies and worms - was a fair while ago and before the floods but I can’t see why they wouldn’t still be there. Also Harrington lagoon is worth a look for nippers . There used to be a tackle store opposite the pub at Harrington so if it is still there they will give you up to date local info .

It is always worth a shot for a  Mulloway or tailor - if you put the effort in you might get a reward  , I mostly fished for Bream and  whiting and more towards the end of summer and into autumn. 
Are you camping in the national park grounds ?

I have not been fishing or heard any reports. The southern end of Diamond has good rock ledges for Tailor - please be careful. Further south along the rutile road through the National Park you can access Abbeys Creek which has good beach gutters. Also known to have pippies and worms. Agree with Harrington lagoon for nippers. Talk to the boys at Harrington Tackle shop. North to Dunbogan there are nippers on the river on the sand banks - probably from North Haven is best access. Some good Luderick in the Lagoon and wall at times. Good luck and have fun.