Batemans Bay fishing

Jo5hC

Hey guys, I'm heading off to Batemans bay for a few days soon, never been there so don't know what to expect fishing wise. Will probably be land based mostly if not all of the time there. I have looked into it a little bit and will probably try the breakwall and some of the wharves. Any tips to fish the area an/or good spots available would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Jo, not sure about spots but the Clyde is absolutely full of soapy jew's at the moment. My brother and family are on a houseboat, only getting a few keepers but C&R'd 20 soapies yesterday. My brother got a 72Cm (his first keeper mulloway) the day before. Lots of undersized tailor as well.

Just got a text, my 12 year old niece just caught a 50Cm soapy. Apparently her twin brother is not happy...

Edited by Fried Rice

I have caught a few decent flathead drifting in the spot show on the map. 
Maybe cast from the wharf towards the bridge on the run out tide and let it slowly was your bait down river or cast some 3-4 inch soft plastics around . There is a lot of current here so you will need a decent sinker and big jig heads .

IMG_0100.thumb.jpeg.20337eb185f3dc45760d4d4b6c15cc3c.jpeg