Port Hacking

Isaac Ct

Headed out early from Yowie bay to lilli pilli and anchored in the deep. Set out a live yakka and an assortment of baits including squid, pillies, and flesh baits. No bites until light and then a bit quiet with the odd bite here and there. My dad pulled out the two reddies whilst I pulled out two stingrays, the first I have got in this spot. Dad also pulled out a low 40’s salmon which was released. Yakkas went untouched. Not many other bites, all in all a quiet day.

IMG_0720.thumb.jpeg.9deac3826097dcde1c69f4e2308c3038.jpeg

Edited by Isaac Ct
  • Like 11

Looks like your dad did ok 👍 

Might be worth trying the flats for some whiting with nippers. 

a mate of mine tried outside today, for zilch. Tried for squid, kings and flatties - brought up a shovel nose and a banjo.

29 minutes ago, Yowie said:

A couple of pannies is better than none. Plenty of boat traffic about, hopefully the schoolies head back to study.

The salmon can be utilised as fish cakes if you are hungry. 🤣

Thanks Yowie, good to know. Salmon was barely hooked so felt right to unhook it and throw it back.

7 minutes ago, Larkin said:

Looks like your dad did ok 👍 

Might be worth trying the flats for some whiting with nippers. 

a mate of mine tried outside today, for zilch. Tried for squid, kings and flatties - brought up a shovel nose and a banjo.

Thanks Larkin, few mates of mine have reported a few whiting about but had somewhere to be today so no go on the flats.

2 hours ago, thaichilli said:

Good effort Isaac, it was similar morning for us. Bite early on but once sun fully came up it went quiet. 

Thanks mate, where did you fish?

1 hour ago, bessell1955 said:

They are great Reddies, well done.

Thankyou