Trout season opener - Blue Mountains

With the trout season open I couldn’t wait to get up to the Blue Mountains to try and catch a few fish with my fly rod and some of the flies I’ve tied over winter.

I put together this video to share my experience of a trip to a Blue Mountains stream with you. It is such a beautiful and relaxing area to visit, whether you’re casting lures or throwing flies doesn’t matter. If you’re young and fit you can hike into locations, or if you’re a little older (and wiser) there are some sections where you can park really close to a river.

On my trip I was hoping to catch a few on surface flies but the trout weren’t looking up that day so I switched to little nymphs which did the trick. I was lucky enough to open my season with a beautiful brown and a handful of rainbows.

Hopefully the video gives you a sense of the beauty of the region and and encourages you to visit…

Tight lines everyone,

Jason

• Like 11

Whilst we all have our niche fishing capabilities, I do envy competent fly anglers who read the water, cast extremely well, and consistently catch the wily Trout. To be able to compile and edit video is another source of envy as it continues to elude me.

Great video Jason, very enjoyable to watch. Thanks for posting it.   bn

• Like 1

17 hours ago, big Neil said:

Whilst we all have our niche fishing capabilities, I do envy competent fly anglers who read the water, cast extremely well, and consistently catch the wily Trout. To be able to compile and edit video is another source of envy as it continues to elude me.

Great video Jason, very enjoyable to watch. Thanks for posting it.   bn

Thanks BN you're always so encouraging with your feedback on my videos, I really appreciate it. I have a few trips planned for trout and bass over coming months and will make a few more videos. Cheers, Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What a great video Jason. Blue Mts is such a great part of Gods creation. (Many of the NSRT that I trial my gun dogs on are in, across or down the Cox’s river or it’s tributaries and often see trout there and plan to get back to fish them some time)

• Like 1