Quick flick for lunch at Rushcutters

I was pretty happy to rest on my laurels yesterday after my duo of legal flatties on fly, so a sleep-in was planned.

However, our youngest climbed into my bed this morning and woke me up at 4.30am. Everyone else fell back asleep, I tried to sleep longer, but couldn't. So stuff it, I'm getting up.

Yesterday I released both my fish, but it did make me crave a feed of flatties. So I decide to go out to Rushcutters to throw some plastics to see if I could snare a feed. On the water about 6am. I was throwing a gulp 5in jerk shad in crazy legs, rigged on a 3/0 1/4oz jighead.

A few casts in, I felt something was playing with my lure on the bottom, so I struck. Up came a 44cm flathead:

image.png.7aa4edc8a4e0d47e327b479c375c35cb.png

Lunch sorted. I was happy to go home at that point, but I decided to stay till 7am for only a few more missed hits.

Ah well, good enough!

ps. Unpacking my net from the car, the net head fell right off! Glad this didn't happen on a fish!

image.thumb.png.ac0d838a5aad379ce83d5bf479656e63.png

Just glued it back together with Araldite Super Strength. Fingers crossed it holds. I wouldn't survive without this net.

• Like 11

Well done again Mike. Nice work. The Araldite should hold - I guess you could have scoured one or both surfaces a tad just to get extra bite - maybe be keep in mind if it comes off again.

Mate if I was to go have a quick flick I’d be casting into my pool. 

cheers Z

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

However, our youngest climbed into my bed this morning and woke me up at 4.30am. Everyone else fell back asleep, I tried to sleep longer, but couldn't. So stuff it, I'm getting up.

A fisherman's B/S story Mike.  :074:

Nice flattie for the table, good work.

• Haha 1