Spots on Lane Cove River

Hi raiders,

I am taking a newbie to fishing out this weekend land-based. Due to me needing to be connected over mobile(ruling out Hawkesbury spots like Berowra), I am thinking of visiting places like Cunningham's reach or Burn's bay reserve. Any other recommended spots which have a rock wall, etc and productive spots for fishing.

Thanks for the help

HP

• Like 1

I take fishing from the shore ? 
Bait or lures ? Any particular species or just trying for anything ? Although not on the lane cove - I fished woolwich wharf recently and a couple of kids caught a few keeper size flatties and a decent bream straight off the front of the wharf using bait . There is also clarkes point and Kellie’s bush reserve nearby . The wharf is free parking but you need to get there early - around 6am as the handful of spots fills quickly with people going to work via the ferry.

Edited by XD351
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, XD351 said:

I take fishing from the shore ? 
Bait or lures ? Any particular species or just trying for anything ? Although not on the lane cove - I fished woolwich wharf recently and a couple of kids caught a few keeper size flatties and a decent bream straight off the front of the wharf using bait . There is also clarkes point and Kellie’s bush reserve nearby . The wharf is free parking but you need to get there early - around 6am as the handful of spots fills quickly with people going to work via the ferry.

Shore, yes. I'll be showing him bait but I've got lures, SPs or I might try something else. 

• Like 1