Overspooled?

faker

It’s probably a tiny bit too full, but, it should be OK, try a few casts and see if it has any problems with “loops” coming off. Why not just pull a bit off rather than halve the line?

Edited by noelm
Typo

Almost overfull but not quite. I'd probably knock one mm of it but it will happen naturally if it is overfull anyway. Generally looking at 1 to 2mm below the inner lip of the spool.

This is one of mine which is as close to overfull as I'd want to get.

StradicEdit.thumb.jpg.4d9500d44a782de26b0dc94bb0e53230.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DerekD said:

Almost overfull but not quite. I'd probably knock one mm of it but it will happen naturally if it is overfull anyway. Generally looking at 1 to 2mm below the inner lip of the spool.

This is one of mine which is as close to overfull as I'd want to get.

StradicEdit.thumb.jpg.4d9500d44a782de26b0dc94bb0e53230.jpg

i got into multiple birds nest. so i had to cut 50m of line while spooling and now i had to splice a 100m and 150m line. Is it worth replacing whole braid?

I think there is also another factor at play. I've found technique is just as important as correct spooling. I can get a well spooled reel to birds nest with poor technique. If you are not winding the line on under tension (especially happens with ultralight lures) then you create loose loops and risk birdsnesting.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DerekD said:

I think there is also another factor at play. I've found technique is just as important as correct spooling. I can get a well spooled reel to birds nest with poor technique. If you are not winding the line on under tension (especially happens with ultralight lures) then you create loose loops and risk birdsnesting.

Yep, that’s a point too…..there’s nothing quite like planning a cast, loading up the rod and then that funny noise, kind of like ffooosshhh, as a dozen loops come off in a massive twisted tangle, and the lure just drop a few feet away, usually happens when there’s a school of fish busting up!

• Like 2