Hat Head

Arthuros

Out the point is one of the best LBG platforms on the MN coast. Bit of a walk and may need a longer gaff. Not sure what is around currently but known for Cobia, Spanish, Tuna - google it. Should be some tailor.

There is another platform to the south through National Parks - you can drive to the car park then walk. South end is safer. Jewfish, Tailor etc.

I don't go to Hat Head to fish the beaches so no idea.

Good luck and stay safe.

As an aside you can go onto YouTube and look up Ron callcut videos ( series was “ A fisherman’s world “ )  - the one called spinning for Spaniards was filmed at hat head ( all be it a long time ago ) - if that video  doesn’t make you super keen to get out to the point and fish nothing will!  Also watch out for snakes on the track out to the point - especially just after sunrise. 
It has been many years (over 25 ) since I fished the beaches up that way and as I didn’t have a 4wd at the time   I was limited to sections where I could walk in but always got a feed of bream or Dart on pippies which were gathered while fishing . You should be able to get more up to date info from any local tackle shops or you could try the hi tide  radio program on Sundays when lawrie mcenally comes on as he is a local who does a comprehensive fishing report for the south west rocksl region . You can listen live on 2sm radio or look up hi tide on your favourite podcast player . 

Edited by XD351
  • Like 2