Exploring to do.

Blackfish

Well, after moving up to Port the weather hasn't allowed me to get outside that much but the weather Gods gave me  that chance chance a couple of days ago.

Being new to the area I had no idea where to start heard that most people fish off Tacking Point, so looking at navtronics I could see its reef in that general area so off I went and had a dag around.

Really enjoyed myself, saw one whale, big pod of Dolphins, had a big bait school under the boat at one stage that I could see and another time had the sounder nearly blacked out with bait fish.

Got a few Red things but nothing of merit so all were released, one Bluespot that would have been size but I couldn't be bothered cleaning one fish so that was released,

So now I'm wondering whether there wasn't many fish around, was I fishing in the wrong spot, wrong gear or something else. 

Now that's what fishings about, trying to work it out.

IMG_7507.jpeg

IMG_7509.jpeg

IMG_7511.jpeg

IMG_7512 3.jpeg

IMG_7516.jpeg

Edited by Blackfish
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

Now that's what fishings about, trying to work it out.

Good to see you out again @Blackfish. I heard a fly fishing guide say that he doesn’t like people to tell him where the fish are, because he feels like the person off the tip off was ‘stealing’ from him! That is, what he truly values is the challenge of finding the fish himself! Kind of reminds me of the spirit of your post.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

Good to see you out again @Blackfish. I heard a fly fishing guide say that he doesn’t like people to tell him where the fish are, because he feels like the person off the tip off was ‘stealing’ from him! That is, what he truly values is the challenge of finding the fish himself! Kind of reminds me of the spirit of your post.

That’s exactly what I mean, I don’t want anybody’s secret spots, exploration is the fun. It’s not the  fish in the box for me but the road I traveled to get there.

• Like 1