Tried Again.

Blackfish

Well I had to make up my mind whether to chase Dolhin Fish out at the Fad as they are getting some or hunt for Snapper and Snapper it was.

Tried a different area in about 40mts of water this time with a better result than last.

Caught three. one at 47cm, one at 44cm and one at 32cm which I let go. Also caught a few small Red Rock Cod and a few Sergeant Baker with a couple of large ones with one going just over 60cm.

More exploring to do.

IMG_7521.jpeg.eb6b393b2a0b37ab4b72649f96a4b37b.jpeg

IMG_7525.jpeg.50f08fab9dcb90b4e3a552160c90495c.jpeg

And I think this one was not a Sergeant Major, but a Major Major 😀

IMG_7526.jpeg.7918a02b30da518b64198ca079872579.jpeg

• Like 5

Sorry @Little_Flatty for my poor description but I did keep the two bigger ones but let the smaller one go.

I did give the two that I kept to a neighbour who has the BIGGEST tackle collection I have ever seen that he’s been collecting for many years and always wants to gift me all sorts of Rods, Reels, lures and all and sundry. Nice bloke.

@noelm the bigger Sergo’s took a bit of drag and I was hoping, but they just didn’t feel right but my hopes were high till I saw them. All good. Enjoyable morning out never the less. 
I’ve been lucky and caught all sorts of different fish but never got a good Snapper …… so that’s my quest.

Edited by Blackfish
  • Like 2

Nice eating sized reddies, I would have kept one for myself. 😁

Anyway, good to be kind to the neighbours.

The larger baker can go, and nearly feel like a reddie. I have eaten one once, not a lot of flavour and plenty of fine bones.

• Like 1