Japan tackle prices

faker

Shame about your Avon Stevo!  As GH says, the Alveys are selling at pretty good (for the seller) prices especially if pretty new in the box. 

Life's too short to use a reel your not happy with, I love my Okuma Aventa but would grab a Tempo in a heartbeat.

I'm a floatline fan and use flouro leaders, but am not convinced over the value of them over plain fine mono leader and admit to being grabbed by the marketing of flouro.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Burger said:

Shame about your Avon Stevo!  As GH says, the Alveys are selling at pretty good (for the seller) prices especially if pretty new in the box. 

Life's too short to use a reel your not happy with, I love my Okuma Aventa but would grab a Tempo in a heartbeat.

I'm a floatline fan and use flouro leaders, but am not convinced over the value of them over plain fine mono leader and admit to being grabbed by the marketing of flouro.

You'd think a reel as good as Avon Royal would keep being manufactured or production rights would go elsewhere. We regret our mistakes at leisure.

I may not have used braid for float fishing, but caught many Luderick down South on braid with a tiny sinker running straight to the hook. I became a braid convert.

Flouro does seem a bit of marketing hype, like many other things relating to fishing. It may help. On that other hand, I have caught bream on 20lb braid with no leader (nothing like  my standard bream rig).

• Like 1