Capertee

On 2/26/2024 at 11:28 AM, rickmarlin62 said:

Has anyone caught fish in the capertee river

I’ve caught trout NEAR Capertee in the Turon. I assume the Capertee is a tributary of the Turon, Rick?

18 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

I’ve caught trout NEAR Capertee in the Turon. I assume the Capertee is a tributary of the Turon, Rick?

The Capertee flows east, forming the Colo at its Junction with the Wolgan. The Colo flows into the Hawkesbury.

Never fished it, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were Macquarie Perch, if nothing else (not their natural habitat, but there is a healthy population in the Nepean system). There could also be trout that have made their way up after Warragamba releases.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised is the Capertee was stocked with trout back in the dark ages (legally or illegally as fresh water fishing is popular in Lithgow/Oberon/Mudgee). i've been down the Wolgan and its major tributaries like Annie Rowan and Rocky Creek a bit over the years and can't recall seeing any trout (wasn't looking though and often travelling downstream). Very different to the tributaries of other blue mountains rivers like the side creeks of the Kowmung which hold large resident fish.

Yes the cspertee flows east the turon flows west  i havnt been able to find any info on fish in the system   i dont think bass could get that far up  an i dont think its cold enough to hold trout   cant find anyone who has caught a fish in it