Cabarita ferry wharf - no fishing at this location

I can understand this one to a degree, in that I’ve taken my kids swimming on the beach/ rock pools next to it which is well within casting distance and the one time I went there it was packed with kids on that stretch of beach. But then you can fish from any beach so maybe it was long term anti social behaviour that drove it and has reappeared of late.

Mind you the three or four times I’ve gone to fish that park at night I’ve abandoned due to not being able to find a car park within miles so personally won’t miss it

Edited by Mike Sydney
  • Like 2

@XD351 an interesting read from back in 2012.

https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/Hansard/Pages/HansardResult.aspx#/docid/HANSARD-1323879322-50687/link/97

The daily telegraph article talked about a couple of stabbings and someone getting clubbed with an iron bar. A small group ruining it for everyone basically.

I’m surprised so many wharves are still open for fishing TBH, I fish almost only at night and Gladesville, Abbotsford are almost no go zones for the general public, overrun by absolute tools itching to fight. Last time I went to Gladesville a group of maybe a dozen had speakers, rubbish everywhere, smoking and were trying to pick up a couple of 12-13 year old girls who were walking past. 
As with most bans a “small group” ruins it for the rest of us - though there’s a helluva lot of these small groups around at night on the parra 

• Like 1

Unfortunately signs don’t stop anyone, until it gets enforced, then it’s an outrage….Windang Bridge is a classic example, it’s clearly sign posted, as well as being against the road rules, but, all day and night, there is dozens fishing off it, one day the law will be enforced and people will be crying about it. No fishing can be for any number of reason, safety being number one, then there is the rubbish left behind, the unruly behaviour towards others, it all adds up in the end.

Edited by noelm