Reel Cleaning and Repairs in Newcastle

Does anyone know where I can get reels cleaned , serviced and basic repair work done in the Newcastle / Lake Macquarie area ?  The reels in question are Shimano Stradic and Stellas ? There doesn`t seem to be anyone advertising online and most require shipping to Sydney to have work done. I would prefer to use someone local if possible.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Most decent tackle stores do reel repairs (not the chain store types) but real tackle shops. Alternatively, reels are pretty easy to do yourself if you are even slightly mechanically minded and have some basic tools.

Shimano self-service is relatively easy. Youtube usually has instructional videos. If you DIY, make sure you lay all the parts out in logical order as you deconstruct, so you aren't left guessing where thing go. Take careful notice of any gear alignment instructions when you put it back together.

IMPORTANT: Do not mix types of reel grease. Stick with one brand.  Mix the wrong types of grease and the mix will solidify. It's  lesson you won't forget :blush:

Considering the cost of a Stella and to a lesser extent a stradic I highly recommend the shimano service - your reels will come back working like new - I know I wouldn’t like to entrust a reel in that price range to a backyarder. 

Most good tackle stores have reel repairers (and rod builders) that are a long way from “back yarders” the price of the reel doesn’t determine how hard it is to fix/maintain. Sending a reel away is easy enough, it just takes a bit of time and if packed well, minimal chance of damage.