what rig should I use for 25 to 40 cm snapper

now these are the sizes snapper get where I live and ive caught one only and ive seen people catch a bunch and im only pulling in bream and flatties and This is in cabirtita and theres a bunch of these snapper here and the bait is sliced up yakka on size 4 long shank hook should I change this rig for the snapper?

1 hour ago, Bryant fish said:

Legal limit is 30cm and that is too small imo to keep regardless of if you release them plenty will die there is no reason to target undersized fish

catch and realease but I didnt know they died when realeased I just wanted to try catch something new other than bream,tailor and flathead

1 hour ago, noelm said:

What are the other people using that you have seen catching them? I guess you are fishing from the shore?

not sure but I think prawns and pilchards I use yakka 

Hi wefewfef. Try to give more information when you ask a broad-based question...it helps to pinpoint the correct answer.

If you can be certain of catching Snapper of the size mentioned you should probably use 12 - 15 lb braid with the same in leader material. Your choice whether you use a running sinker or a single or double paternoster rig. Assuming here that you are fishing from land. Use the lightest sinker you can get away with to hold bottom. I would use 4/0 Octopus hooks to hold your bait. You can use circle hooks if you are used to fishing with them.

Good luck, bn

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Hi wefewfef. Try to give more information when you ask a broad-based question...it helps to pinpoint the correct answer.

If you can be certain of catching Snapper of the size mentioned you should probably use 12 - 15 lb braid with the same in leader material. Your choice whether you use a running sinker or a single or double paternoster rig. Assuming here that you are fishing from land. Use the lightest sinker you can get away with to hold bottom. I would use 4/0 Octopus hooks to hold your bait. You can use circle hooks if you are used to fishing with them.

Good luck, bn

thank you