Wet weather

noelm

Hope everyone is safe and dry at the moment. Our local area is mostly OK, a few roads covered, but as far as the news goes, no house flooding….,yet! Just be safe if out driving, don’t take chances in flood waters over roads. The estuary in front of my place is over the bank, and running fast, like a dark, muddy mess.

• Like 2

Wow, that was a down fall last night / this morning..

Kinda of happy I dug near 70 meters of agg pipe in our back yard after the huge wet we had 2 years back when we moved in.

Still that wasn't enough to shift the deluge we got, both sheds got wet floors due to the sheer volume of water that came down, but the drains have done there job with near all of it drained off now since the rain stopped.

It seems closer to Sydney side are still having issues, with the dams now spilling over, hope everyone's dry and this water drains off before anyone has issues....

THE DROUGHTS OVER  😁..........

45 minutes ago, noelm said:

Hope everyone is safe and dry at the moment. Our local area is mostly OK, a few roads covered, but as far as the news goes, no house flooding….,yet! Just be safe if out driving, don’t take chances in flood waters over roads. The estuary in front of my place is over the bank, and running fast, like a dark, muddy mess.

Up here, we don't suffer water laying about, but a lot of the local area lost power and the Council says 5PM is the restoration time. How it went out is the mystery. AFAIK there's been no strong wind.  This time, we (and the supermarket) are in an area not affected, so life stays fairly normal.  

Went down to Tempe bridge this morning cooks river. 
several cars submerged

someone had driven through the SES tape blocking the road more cars trying to go through.

I waved many back but several idiots ignored me and drove past, three of them bogging out in the floodwaters.

the bridge was closed anyway so they had nowhere to go, one moron even thanked me as a I spoke to him only to ignore me and get stuck in the floodwaters.

I know people are stupid but the idiocy I saw this morning was mind blowing 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Up here, we don't suffer water laying about, but a lot of the local area lost power and the Council says 5PM is the restoration time. How it went out is the mystery. AFAIK there's been no strong wind.  This time, we (and the supermarket) are in an area not affected, so life stays fairly normal.  

We got bad wind and torrential rain from the East at about 4AM, one of my gutters was blocked and caused a bit of an “issue” but no damage as such, lots of debris out in the ocean. Anyone even dreaming of going fishing near the rocks, be warned, the ocean is a complete mess. There is a big long line float washing up on the beach, complete with “something” attached to it, going to try to get it later.

2 hours ago, Mike Sydney said:

Went down to Tempe bridge this morning cooks river. 
several cars submerged

someone had driven through the SES tape blocking the road more cars trying to go through.

I waved many back but several idiots ignored me and drove past, three of them bogging out in the floodwaters.

the bridge was closed anyway so they had nowhere to go, one moron even thanked me as a I spoke to him only to ignore me and get stuck in the floodwaters.

I know people are stupid but the idiocy I saw this morning was mind blowing 

Vehicles flooded, damage inside and to wiring, insurance may be difficult to claim. Drop kicks.

38 minutes ago, Yowie said:

insurance may be difficult to claim.

That may depend on the company, years of loyalty and claims history, but you need to use the right words.

First step is to find what you are covered for. Some contracts specifically exclude flooding. HOWEVER,  for insurance purposes, flooding has a legal definition - natural watercourse rises above normal hights. Drains are not a natural water course, so water that enters your house due to drains overflowing is not flooding.

In other words, if the house flooded as per the legal definition, a policy flood exclusion may trap you. If street drainage didn't cope, flood exclusion should not apply, but that doesn't rule out a different gotcha clause in the policy.  

<Sarcasm on> insurance policies are simple and we all fully understand insurance legal terms that are explained in plain English <sarcasm off>

Don’t get me started on insurance companies.My car got wiped out Jan and still waiting.They are quick to take your money though.

No water damage here except for it filling the pool up 6 inches.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, noelm said:

What a change in the weather, one day flooding rain, next day, suns out, go figure.

Climate change isn’t real mate.😂