Lanyard tinker

BaitDropper

I may, or indeed may not have had a near miss with a rod and reel, or more to the point, a newbie, may have had a close call....IMG_1247.thumb.png.48dd1bd5eba828b782d4b1ff77a33e0d.png

So, tinkering with some Paracord and brushing up on my "platting", quite impressed on what you can do with the stuff..

And Yep, That's not the photo I was wanting to post.....

Since the last update on my Iphone, any photo I take or try and post, simply wont....

Tried uploading the same photo I wanted to post here on the Face Ache page, went up no issues....  Jeez...

I'm sure this issue has reared it's head before, the phone updates, then all photo's I take wont upload here......

Edited by BaitDropper
  • Like 1

Hi All, Sorry, I had visitors, so I couldn't return to this post...

I'll try switching the phone off and on and try again.  The above photo, was taken a few years back, all my old photo's will upload ok, any new photo taken, wont.

I seem to re call this happened to me a while back, and I managed to change something in the phone settings and everything worked again. 

I'll try the phone off and on first..

I went back over history, and last year the same thing happened to me on here, it was Heic instead of jpeg format, it appears I changed the setting and it worked again. I cannot find that setting to change it this time.  I'll keep searching, very very strange.

• Like 1

Ok,, It's working again !!!

Can't for the life of me see why it didn't re set, I previously re changed the settings in my phone to " most compatible ", but it still wouldn't work.

It seems to re set back when my Iphone gets up dated, so I've made notes this time, as it's bound to happen again..  Many thanks for assistance.

SO, anyways, above was my first attempt at  " platting ", to see how this paracord performed, I will use stainless D clips after I become more accomplished in the art.

The paracord is rated to 270kg, very easy to Plat, only about $9 for 30 meters from the local green store, you just have to master achieving the end desired length...

I had a near miss recently, when a deckie couldn't quite reach the rocket launcher with one of my game set ups and near lost the whole lot over board 😗....

I've never used them in the past, but as there cheap as chips if you make em yourself, I thought I'd have a go. I'm making a lanyard for rods in the rocket launcher and also a few sets to clip on to the rods I troll with, including my down rigger set up.  Quite quick to make up in all honesty..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BaitDropper said:

Ok,, It's working again !!!

Can't for the life of me see why it didn't re set, I previously re changed the settings in my phone to " most compatible ", but it still wouldn't work.

It seems to re set back when my Iphone gets up dated, so I've made notes this time, as it's bound to happen again..  Many thanks for assistance.

SO, anyways, above was my first attempt at  " platting ", to see how this paracord performed, I will use stainless D clips after I become more accomplished in the art.

The paracord is rated to 270kg, very easy to Plat, only about $9 for 30 meters from the local green store, you just have to master achieving the end desired length...

I had a near miss recently, when a deckie couldn't quite reach the rocket launcher with one of my game set ups and near lost the whole lot over board 😗....

I've never used them in the past, but as there cheap as chips if you make em yourself, I thought I'd have a go. I'm making a lanyard for rods in the rocket launcher and also a few sets to clip on to the rods I troll with, including my down rigger set up.  Quite quick to make up in all honesty..

Great work mate!

I won’t be making any as I’m afraid if my mrs finds mine she’ll attach them to me to stop me getting “lost” in the tool stores or out on the golf courses.

Paracord aka McGyver string.

If only women knew they could make one that only reaches out the door and to the letterbox to stop hubby getting lost down the pub.

• Haha 1

Hey Fab, Ironically, her indoors was quite impressed and has put in an order for one !! Go figure 😁, what for, I have no idea...

Yes, after seeing one of my internationals nearly go for a dive, from a height challenged deckie while he attempted to put it in the rocket launcher  !!  I saw it in slow motion and just managed to reach over behind him and grab the rod itself...  I wasn't annoyed at him as such, but alot of my other reels are modded up Penns that I've spent hours modifying them, so I would have been just as guttered if it was one of those. That was enough to prompt me to make rod storage " idiot proof" 🤪...

And in all honesty, doing a lot of solo fishing, I figured it to be an advantage as well, it gets hectic on your own with a decent fish on..