Avoiding the inking

So the swell was 2m south, although I know ledges that are possibly safe off the rocks that face north. I don't want to chance it there and not be able to fish. So it's been a while since I fished harbour but back to places in mosman. I am not normally a squid fisho and I only catch them opportunistically ,also  I want to try new spot.

Initially I tried @DerekDadvice of float and squid jig due to spot being snaggy but I found not being able to work my jigs uninteractive. So instead I tried at first the Japanese style then switched to my variation of @DerekDwalk the dog with double hop instead and letting it sink 5 seconds. If squid sees it it will swim up to middle water column for it. 

During one of my flicks I felt a weight on rod and thought it was a large clump weed but it turned out to be calamari when I only have caught arrow heads squid previously.

After nothing for a hour I switch to blades to cast clear of Kelp beds and see if new spot has flathead but caught nothing but main aim of prospecting new squid spot was done.

20240425_141242.jpg

Edited by faker
  • Like 12

We are still trying to get inked but no luck so far. Fished Rushcutters Bay, Clifton Gardens and Bradleys Head using 1.8 and 3.0 jigs. No catches.
Where did you go?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Alkor said:

We are still trying to get inked but no luck so far. Fished Rushcutters Bay, Clifton Gardens and Bradleys Head using 1.8 and 3.0 jigs. No catches.
Where did you go?

Boat or land?

Edited by faker