No Longer The Donut Boyz...Just Donut Boy

Had a change of plans tonight and was able to fish after an early dinner.  I sent a text to my newfound night fishing buddy @Mike Sydney to see if he was heading out for the night and that he was.  We met up together in Drummoyne and both tied on a Zman Slim Swimz in Greasy Prawn coincidentally.  I like to think just a case of great minds think alike 😁 

First few casts both of us had some nibbles and interest but no hookups.  That...was the end of the action for a looooong while as we walked around casting.  We were both super excited at first at the instant action on arrival but it just disappeared as soon as it came.  I swapped from soft plastic to crankbait back to soft plastics while Mike switched between plastic shapes.  Even so, we had no action.  

We walked to a different part of the bay where Mike told me the story of catching his biggest flatty at and started casting around.  It wasn't long before Mike hooked onto the star of the night:

image.thumb.jpeg.7e291938f18e0e78fe9edcb3ac755c49.jpeg

The curse is broken for one of us!!!  I started casting around hoping for a fish next.  We finally found where the fish were hiding out because there was interest and tugs, but just weren't hooking up well.  After a few dozen more casts, it was time to Mike to go.  I walked him back to his car since I was going to leave too. 

On the way back to my car, I had a couple of casts too...which turned into me standing there next to the car determined to catch a fish.  I could hear the fish now splashing, I could feel the fish HEADSHAKES on the other end of the rod, everything but actually hooking onto a fish.  It was like the fish were taunting me and goading me into doing just one more casts and I kept falling for it.  I kept casting and casting thinking "ok this'll be the last one then I really gotta go..." but then I'd feel the fish biting the tail of the paddletail and shaking it around and it'd entice me to cast again.  After what was probably three dozen casts, I finally stopped and packed up my stuff. 

We are no longer the donut boyz, it is just me now, singular donut boy :mfr_lol:

Edited by linewetter
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

hahahaha I told you don’t give that donut boyz tag oxygen we can’t have that sticking

@XD351 that moniker was below the belt, I’d been sulking about it all day, muttering to myself, snapping at the kids… 😂

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Mike Sydney said:

hahahaha I told you don’t give that donut boyz tag oxygen we can’t have that sticking

@XD351 that moniker was below the belt, I’d been sulking about it all day, muttering to myself, snapping at the kids… 😂

I’m devastated 😭

The Donut Boyz have broken up 😮

Well ,if it were one of those boy bands you would be looking at a name change and a solo career- maybe Mikey Mike and the flattie bunch 🤣🤣🤣

But on a more serious note , if you are thinking outside of the box ,mixing it up, experimenting with new lures and techniques or just fishing a new location expect lots of donut days - it takes time scope out new ground or to prove theories and to fine tune a technique.

• Haha 2