Another quick trip down the parra .

G’day Raiders,

I went for a look down the parra river after work , after 2weeks of being cooped up because of the rain I was desperate to get out of the house. Ended up at Bayview and started flicking plastics around the wharf and baths - daiwa creature in motor oil colour was the first cab off the rank . Only got a few bumps on this lure and when I got to the boat ramp I switched to a Zman curl tail in black and continued to work my way around to the canal at the golf course . Only got a few tentative bumps and couldn’t hook up , there were clouds of jelly prawns ,heaps of mullet and the odd small garfish cruising around but nothing really bothering them . I got to the canal and gave it a workout and finally hooked a fish - a flattie in the low 40s under the footbridge. While walking back a ran into another fisho flicking plastics and he got a couple of small flathead and a small bream , he was hoping to find some salmon or small kings busting up but it wasn’t to be . Water is murky but not as bad as I thought it would be considering the amount of rain we have had . Even the toads were lethargic- usually when I test swim a lure they will rush over to investigate but I found I could swim it past their noses and they didn’t react . 
Oh well

it was good to get out in the sun for a few hours ! The fish was a bonus !IMG_0743.thumb.jpeg.ad14d76050278cd184537e464aefffbc.jpeg

• Like 15

Well done XD   and a great result too.

Completely understand the need to just get out and about in some dry weather, after the big wet we just endured.  

What better way than to flick some lures...

I have to say, I'm very envious, Unfortunately, I've gone and committed myself to a few months work full time, which I will admit, is having an effect on the " Ol Body ".

But nice to see someone else getting out...

• Like 1

Finally the sun's come out. Need to wet a line as well after all this wet weather. I've recently been fishing bayview with sps and now its one of my favourite spots on the parra. fishing at low tide is difficult due to shallow water and rocks but at high tide it always produces a good flattie or two as I fan my casts out while walking towards the canals.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, telescopic_rodd said:

Interesting thread. Bayview has always seemed to me to be tough going no matter what you're using. 

I probably do better up around Rydalmere mainly because there is more structure. Every fish I have caught at Bayview has come from less than 4m from the shore so make sure you work that lure in as far as you can . I nearly always get a flathead under the little bridge - usually sitting in the shadows .