Stuck at home, but still able to go fishing.

Posted (edited)

Rosie had a litter of pups 10 day ago and I’ve been on puppy duties, so not able to get out fishing for a while. But one of my buddies dropped over and I took him down to the dam and bagged some Bass and perch I put in there last year - growth rate on the bass IMG_2738.thumb.jpeg.de606ca2b9dbe0e9e0d6d043d64297bf.jpeghas been phenomenal, the biggest caught was over 40cm and would have been about 18-20cm last Christmas (2022/23). 
(Rosie got her RT Champion title when 6 weeks in pup and 3 weeks before whelping)

IMG_2736.jpeg

IMG_2740.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Pic added
  • Like 20

Nice when you can go for a fish in your backyard! And you have some good sized bass too!

What breed of dogs do you keep? Labs

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 7:57 AM, Larkin said:

Nice when you can go for a fish in your backyard! And you have some good sized bass too!

What breed of dogs do you keep? Labs

Yep (Black) Labs, compete in Retrieving trials (simulated duck hunt)

IMG_2613.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 7

Great report Bob and nice photo with Mrs Pickworth and one of the new pups.

Those are some giant bass in your dam. In another year they will be trophy sized. I will have to sneak in and throw a line  😂.

I am picking up my electric tomorrow so should be getting out a bit after uni exams next week!

Nice one Bob! Seems like pups are as much work as a newborn human being!

Do the bass and perch take lures in your dam? Assuming they do, I just noticed you’re catching them mostly on bait. Any of the fish end up on the plate or are they purely for sport?

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 6:42 AM, Little_Flatty said:

Nice one Bob! Seems like pups are as much work as a newborn human being!

Do the bass and perch take lures in your dam? Assuming they do, I just noticed you’re catching them mostly on bait. Any of the fish end up on the plate or are they purely for sport?

Hey Mike, yep pups are a lot of work, but good fun and it’s only for 8 weeks then there off to there homes and I can start some serious fishing again. The bass and perch both takes lures, but my buddy only had 10mins and wanted to catch a fish, so I dug up some worms. I don’t eat any from my dam and only ever catch Bass in the river for fun and release, although I have eaten them to see what they were like (very nice). Closed season now of course.

Any time you’re interested in a flick for Bass (in season) and feel like a drive to the Hawkesbury, shout out and we’ll organise it.

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 1