Narrabeen Lakes Wading Session

Guest BBM Rick

Guest BBM Rick

Spent the afternoon with a good mate wading the flats neer the Caravan Park this afternoon. We flicked SP's at every fishy looking spot out there, but all to no avail. Had a yack to another bloke who looked like he knew what he was doing, and he said he had one small Flattie all day, on a bloodworm coloured SP. We had a go at every colour in the bag (and that is most!) and tried every type of retrieve, but not one touch! Oh well, there is always next weekend!! Hope to be heading north next weekend, either Brooklyn, Lake Mac or Port Stephens. Cant wait!!

Guest bluecod

Had a yack to another bloke who looked like he knew what he was doing, and he said he had one small Flattie all day, on a bloodworm coloured SP.

:074::074: I think that was my son you were talking to - it was his first time fishing SP's :1yikes: - the bloodworm colour seems to work well in that section of the lake, so keep trying and you'll eventually come up tight

Guest BBM Rick
I think that was my son you were talking to

Not unless your in your late 60's, the fella we spoke to was in his 40's, and had not heard of the site. Said he didnt own a computer :1yikes:

Stick in there Rick,

The caravan park is one place that takes a bit of time to crack, fishy as it looks. Was there on sunday with me old man after I turned up to middle harbour without my jewie lures.

Just a little wee tip - try one of those Berkeley gulp! worms unweighted rigged with one main hook and a stinger hook. Cast them out over the flats (even the shallows) let it sink, give it a tiny flick, let it settle, wait five seconds, take in the slack and repeat.

I have a nifty way of rigging the worms but that's for another day when I have replenished my stock of them. Will post when I get the time!

Hiya raiders; actually got to get out for a fish yesterday (tues) for the first time in ages, amazing!; waded the flats near Pipeclay Point for just an hour between 6pm and 7pm; lovely grey sky and wind at my back meant good conditions for shallow flats fishing (overcast means fishees less nervous and wind at back allows long casts vital to fish in skinny water). Summer weed growth has much of flats covered in greenery so used Squidgy resin heads and smallest flash prawn coloured flickbaits as any weight in the head had the hook collecting weed on every cast. Anyway scored only two fish in the hour but they were a v nice lizard which was over 60cms and a bream which would have nudged 30cm. Both still swimming, cheers Bombie

hey just a question, is there anywhere in the lake where u can fish just from the shore? without flats/wading?

Try the shoreline in front of the Woolworths carpark next to the bridge.

If you can put up with people riding bikes over the top of you, other fishermen casting over your line etc etc then also out the front of the caravan park car park there is a little paved section with some rod holders that you can cast into the channel with. I have seen good fish taken there but it is nowhere near as good as out on the flats!

I personally prefer to wade - flats fishing is my favourite form of fishing! :biggrin2:

out the front of the caravan park car park there is a little paved section with some rod holders that you can cast into the channel with.

Yea i have tried that spot a couple of times, but havnt been that effective. but i will give wading the flats another go sometime!

Thanx for the advice.